Pennsylvania Employment Lawyer
Ms. Vanguri is an associate at the Philadelphia law firm of Sidney L. Gold & Associates, P.C., which has been recognized by the Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register as a preeminent law firm in the field of employment law and civil rights litigation. Her practice, as well as that of the law firm, is exclusively concentrated in the representation of both employees and employers in all aspects of employment related ligation, including claims under federal and state anti discrimination statutes.
Prior to her employment at Sidney L. Gold & Associates, P.C., Ms. Vanguri gained experience advocating for clients through her employment at a prestigious Philadelphia boutique litigation firm. Ms. Vanguri additionally gained a great deal of knowledge of Employment Law through her position as a Conwell Research Fellow in Employment Discrimination Law.
Ms. Vanguri received a Bachelors of Science in Business Administration from Georgetown University in 2006, and earned a J.D. from Temple University – James E. Beasley School of Law in 2009, were she served as the Student Bar Association President as well as a staff and editorial member of the Temple Political and Civil Rights Law Review.
In 2018, Ms. Vanguri was named 2018 Attorney of the Year by The Legal Intelligencer, honored for her pioneering work on the transgender rights case Blatt v. Cabela’s Retail.
Ms. Vanguri was recently appointed Co-Chair of the Women in the Profession Committee for 2020 through the Philadelphia Bar Association.
- Georgetown University, B.S., 2006
- Temple University – James E. Beasley School of Law, J.D., 2009
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA)
- South Asian Bar Association
- Pennsylvania – 2009
- New Jersey – 2009
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania – 2011
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey – 2011
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania – 2012
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals – 2016
Awards and Recognition
- 2018 – Legal Intelligencer Attorney of the Year
- 2018 – Appointed to the Philadelphia Bar Association Board of Governors
- 2019 – Appointed Vice Chair of the Philadelphia Bar Association’s Women in the Profession Committee
- K. Barry, B. Farrell, N. Vanguri, J. Levi, A Bare Desire to Harm: Transgender People and the Equal Protection Clause, 57 B.C. L. Rev. 507 (2016)
- The FMLA and ADA – What Plaintiff and Defense Counsel Need to Know To Advise Their Client – Pennsylvania Bar Institute – August 2020
- Cutting Edge Issues in Representing LGBTQ Workers – National Employment Lawyers Association Annual Conference – June 2020
- The FMLA and ADA – What Plaintiff and Defense Counsel Need to Know To Advise Their Client – Pennsylvania Bar Institute – August 2018
- A Landmark Victory for Transgender Employees Under the Americans with Disabilities Act – 24th Annual Employment Law Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – April 2018
- PBI’s Got Talent: An Interactive Study of a Sexual Harassment Case – 24th Annual Employment Law Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – April 2018
- Paying Employees in Pennsylvania: Wage and Hour Laws – 23rd Annual Employment Law Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – April 2017
- Out Sick: FMLA 101 – 22nd Annual Employment Law Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – April 2016
- Hiring and Firing Practices for Small Firms – Boardwalk Seminar, New Jersey – April 2016
- Multi-District Litigation: An Effective Tool to Streamline the Process – Temple Law Alumni Association – May 2015
- Finding and Keeping that Job: A Frank Talk About Diversity in the Profession – Temple Law Alumni Association – June 2014
- Alternative ADA Claims: Americans with Disability Act Protection for the Non-Disabled Plaintiff and Practical Advice for Employers – 20th Annual Employment Law Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – April 2014