Philadelphia Race Discrimination Lawyers
Race discrimination occurs when an employee is treated differently or harassed because of his or her race, color, or national origin. You may also have been discriminated due to your race, if you have been rejected for employment, fired or otherwise harmed or treated differently in your employment.
The law protects individuals against discrimination based on race, in all aspects of the employment process, including but not limited to hiring, termination, promotion, compensation, job training, or any other term, condition, or privilege of employment. Unfavorable employment decisions based on stereotypes and assumptions about abilities, traits, or the performance of individuals of certain racial groups are also prohibited under the law.
Discrimination or harassment on the basis of certain physical characteristics, such as skin color, hair texture, or certain facial features associated with the race of an individual violates the law. Ethnic slurs, racial jokes, offensive or derogatory comments, or other verbal or physical conduct based on an individuals race may constitute unlawful harassment, if the conduct creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive working environment that interferes with the individuals work performance.
A few examples of workplace occurrences or conduct that may be a genuine basis for inquiring further include:
- You are physically segregated or isolated from other employees of a different race, or you are excluded from activities that involve customer contact while employees of a different race are included.
- You were repeatedly refused positions or promotions that were filled by less-qualified applicants or employees of a different race.
- During company layoffs, your employer eliminated you and other people in your racial group but retained most of the employees of a different racial group.
- Your employer ignored your complaints about coworkers who made you feel uncomfortable when they joked about people of different racial groups.
- Your employer distributes assignments, benefits, or advancement opportunities in a disproportionate or unequal manner that clearly favors some races above others.
- Age Discrimination
- Gender Discrimination
- National Origin Discrimination
- Pregnancy Discrimination
- Religious Discrimination
- Disability Discrimination
- Sexual Orientation Discrimination
Contact the Qualified Philadelphia Race Discrimination Lawyers at the Employment Law Firm of Sidney L. Gold & Associates
If you believe you are experiencing racial discrimination in the workplace or another type of employment discrimination, our Pennsylvania employment attorneys can help you seek justice. Call Sidney L. Gold & Associates, P.C. today for a free assessment of your race discrimination claim at 215-569-1999, or contact us online. Our offices are in Center City Philadelphia and our experienced Philadelphia race discrimination attorneys represent clients throughout New Jersey and Pennsylvania.