Philadelphia Employment Lawyers
Sidney L. Gold & Associates, P.C.
Sidney L. Gold & Associates, P.C. has been recognized by the Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register as a preeminent law firm in the field of employment law and civil rights litigation. Our Philadelphia employment law firm is exclusively concentrated in the representation of both employees and employers in all aspects of employment related litigation, including claims under federal and state anti-discrimination laws and federal civil rights laws. Our New Jersey and Pennsylvania employment lawyers possess significant experience in representing both private sector and public sector employees and employers in employment and civil rights matters.
Recent Firm News
Sidney L. Gold & Associates, P.C. Obtains $9.5 Million Settlement On Behalf Of Retired Workers
On October 23, 2014, U.S. District Court Judge Robert D. Mariani approved a $9.5 million class settlement of a decade-long dispute between former Owens-Illinois (O-I ) employees and the company. Sidney L. Gold of Sidney L. Gold & Associates, P.C. and Carol Mager and Susan Saint-Antoine of Console Law Offices LLC, respectively represented 100 long-service terminated employees who were denied subsidized retirement benefits when the business they worked for was sold by O-I. In 2010 the case was certified as a class action and had proceeded through full pre-trial discovery. The settlement provides a lump sum tax-deferred payment to each of the 100 class members from the pension plan, in addition to the regular retirement benefit. It also represents the successful conclusion of seven years of hard fought litigation over the entitlement to the special retirement benefits.
As a pre-eminent firm, our Philadelphia employment attorneys are proud of the following achievements:
- Winning the big cases at a national level – Recently, our Philadelphia employment lawyers served as lead counsel in a class action discrimination suit against Abercrombie & Fitch, which was settled for $50 million dollars in 2005. Our firm was chosen because of our proven success as the leading employment law firm in Philadelphia. With this recognition, our New Jersey employment attorneys led the litigation on a national scale to recover $50 million dollars in damages with an additional $10 million set aside to monitor the compliance by independent sources. In another significant case, Sidney L. Gold recently represented the plaintiff, Purolite International Ltd., in a complex intellectual property lawsuit that involved former employees and the alleged theft of trade secrets and misappropriation of other confidential business information. It settled for $38 million.
- Thirty-five years of experience – For 35 years, our Philadelphia employment attorneys have been at the forefront of change in employment law that has made the workplace a better place for employees and more structured for employers. With the hundreds of cases we have handled, our Philadelphia employment lawyers know the right strategy to maximize your compensation. We have been recognized by Philadelphia Magazine as a “Pennsylvania Super Lawyer” in the field of employment law every year since 2005. Additionally, we have been named to the Best Lawyers in America for the years 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) Accreditation – Sidney L. Gold & Associates, P.C. has been a BBB Accredited Business since March 31, 2015. BBB has determined that Sidney L. Gold & Assoc, PC meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints.
Practice Areas and Strengths
- Employment Discrimination
- Sexual Harassment
- Retaliation & Whistle Blowing
- Qui tam Whistleblowing
- Business Disputes such as Business Divorces and Minority Shareholder Oppression
- Employment Contracts
- Health Care Law
- Family and Medical Leaves
- Restrictive Covenants – Non-Competition Agreements & Trade Secret Infringement
- Wage and Hour Law/Overtime Claims
- Severance Packages
- Wrongful Termination
- School Law and Special Education
Meet the Team
Sidney L. GoldPrincipal Shareholder
Traci M. GreenbergAssociate
Valerie Weisman BurrittAssociate
Jamie L. FordAssociate
Christine PashleyOffice Manager
Joan GoldClient Intake Manager
- We focus only on Employment Law – Over 4500 lawyers refer their clients to our law firm in order to ensure the best possible compensation. Other lawyers send their clients to us ensuring the best possible compensation for their Employment Law claim. Our Philadelphia employment attorneys represent clients in the states of PA and NJ. We represent both employees and employers. Our New Jersey employment lawyers represent both private sector and public sector employers, including major state universities and municipalities in employment and civil rights matters. Our pre-eminence in the field of employment law has been recognized by the media and has resulted in Sidney L. Gold’s appearance on local news outlets discussing employment law topics of current interest and relevancy.
- Authors of key legal perspectives – With our expertise, our Philadelphia employment lawyers regularly contribute key legal perspectives through frequent articles in “The Legal Intelligencer” to aid our fellow lawyers in understanding complex issues of Employment Law. These articles provide expert counsel to employment lawyers all over the country in the oldest law journal in the United States. Another journal that our New Jersey employment attorneys frequently contribute to is the “ Pennsylvania Law Weekly”.
- Providing continuing education to other lawyers – We are often invited to lecture for Continuing Legal Education Programs for other lawyers in the field of Employment Law in the Pennsylvania & New Jersey areas.
- Collaborative effort in our civic duty – We recognize our civic duty and do extensive pro bono work for the AIDS Law Project of Pennsylvania, www.aidslawpa.org. With this involvement, our Pennsylvania and New Jersey employment attorneys drive key initiatives in shaping productive changes to employment law. The AIDS Law Project of Pennsylvania is a non-profit, public interest law firm providing free legal services statewide to people with HIV/AIDS and others affected by the epidemic. Each year, the AIDS Law Project receives more than a thousand calls for assistance at its home office in Philadelphia. The AIDS Law Project also educates the public about AIDS-related legal issues, and works at local, state and national levels to achieve fair laws and policies. Our Philadelphia employment attorneys are also involved in a collaborative effort to provide pro bono legal services to the greater Delaware Valley Chapter of the Multiple Sclerosis Society. Our New Jersey employment lawyers are presently representing a number of employees who suffer from multiple sclerosis in an effort to vindicate and protect their rights under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Strong advocate of Workplace Fairness – a non-profit organization that promotes workplace policies and practices that work for everyone, www.workplacefairness.org. We are also members of the National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA). NELA is the only organization in the United States made up solely of lawyers who help individual workers in cases involving discrimination and other job-related issues. NELA provides support to these lawyers in defending the rights of employees against the greater resources of their employers.
- Leader to other lawyers – Sidney L. Gold has served as Vice Chairman, Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter of the National Employment Lawyers Association
- Selected frequently by the courts as an Arbitrator and Mediator – U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- Appointed Co-Chair of the Labor and Employment Law Committee of the Philadelphia Bar Association.
- Key memberships – member of the Professional Guidance Committee, the Federal Courts Committee of the Philadelphia Bar Association and the Labor and Employment Law Committee of the Pennsylvania Bar Association.